Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pictures as promised

This is Nancy's quilt! It uses a Stonehenge Christmas 2.5" strip pack to make the tessellating trees and just a bit more fabric from the same line for the border.
Details shots: I had some fun playing on the border.
 backside:
The pattern is by"Quilt Woman".  The funny thing is "Quilt Woman" owns the quilt shop in Spencerport, New York where my mom lived! It is a small world.
Nancy assures me that the pattern was quick and easy to follow. The quilt is gorgeous and the Northcott fabric really does feel like silk as they promise it will. 
This quilt was so much fun to quilt!! It was bliss! 
Also had a fun sewing these today:
 Stockings and ornaments:
My daughter was busy cutting fabric for a Birdie Sling to give a friend while I sewed these.  She was following the pattern and doing it all on her own! My baby is growing up....

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt and the quilting!! And those stockings! How cute are they?!
    And good for the kiddo doing her own thing!

    ReplyDelete

My very best friend said: