Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When I get an A or two.

So I got the flu from my children. I am sure this is no surprise but I was so MAD because I just got over a cold and I am sick so seldom that I was just well.... dispointed in my immune system I guess.
I expected better darn it!
So. done. being. sick. UGH.
Anyway, I am through the worst of it fairly quickly thanks to Oscillococcinum the homeopathic flu remedy by Boiron.
Go to full-size image
We had stocked up on this stuff last year because of all the H1N1 stuff so I figured I would give it a try.  I think it helped (who knows?), but it tasted good and I could still take regular meds to make me feel better in the meantime.
My advice to everyone- WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY! Apparently there has been an explosion of cases of Influenza A in our area in the last couple of weeks. I have to agree I kind of felt like I was part of an explosion a few times over the last few days....
Now on to the positives.....
The really great thing is that I got a phone call from a customer whom I had quilted a baby quilt for a few weeks ago. She had not picked it up herself so I hadn't gotten to see her reaction.
When she did see it, she loved it so much she took the time to call me and tell me what a lovely job I had done.
Isn't that so sweet! That made me feel so great, even with the flu.  
It made my day! 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick. I missed 4 days of work and spent 2 weekends in bed trying to recover. We didn't even celebrate Valentines. Sucks.The hubby was a great nurse and then he got it.

    Kudos to you and the quilt. You do awesome work.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Mandy!
    You do beautiful work ... but it always makes us feel better when people let us know they are happy with what we've done!
    Feel better soon and come back to open sew!

    ReplyDelete

My very best friend said: