Sunday, February 27, 2011

Quilted Braceletts

I whipped out a few quilted braceletts last night from the pattern in Sew Darn Cute! by Jenny Ryan
Sew Darn Cute: 30 Sweet & Simple Projects to Sew & Embellish
They are quick and easy and using the snaps she reccommended was easy too. There is a little tool you must purchase specific to one size snap which I will admit I was at first irritated by but it wasn't overly pricey and worked every time so it sort of won me over to be honest! 
I have never had much luck with snaps so when every single one came out perfect I was surprised and pleased with my little tool!
 I quilted hearts on this one which has Michael Miller's love birds on it. (above)
My shamrock bracelett which I will be wearing to many of my Irish dancing daughter's performances over the next few weeks! (below)
 I am teaching a class with my daughter in June at the shop called "Big & Little", a class where adults and children sew together. We'll be making these and two other items from Jenny Ryan's book, I haven't decided absolutely on which other two.  Maybe, the headbands and the embellished Tank top?  We'll see how my experiments come out....so far everything I have made from this book has been cute and easy.
I will post my other experiments as they are completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My very best friend said: