I simply appliqued them onto a creamy white background and quilted around them with a pretty variegated perl cotton.
Trimmed it to an oval shape:
Then I put on a bias binding made out of one of Michael Miller's Fairy Frost fabric.
Then after closing the binding I decided I really wanted more quilting with the perle cotton and some quilting on the flowers so they didn't look so "poofy" so I continued echo quilting around the edge with the perle cotton and added some embroidery floss in colors that matched the flowers:
Not the usual way one does things but.... it was okay just tricky to hide my knots and things.
I like how it came out so I put it in the swap at the shop! We have about 10 mug rugs in the swap so far and I hope we get more! It has been really fun!