I quilted this Redwork wallhanging for Elsie last week. It has wool batting and I used a cream So Fine thread to quilt it.
Here is the "befores" and "afters" slideshow:
Here I had started to quilt outside the redwork stitiching and you can see the texture created.
Below is the "after" the textured stitching was added inside
Here is the "before" of the center basket
And after! I used my new rulers to create rays extending out from the centerpiece.
Another set of before and afters below on the lower right corner of the quilt:
Some quilting....starting to see the faux trapunto effect by pushing all the fabric back around the stitching.
And....... All done!
Even though this was heavily quilted the wool batting kept the quilt quite soft and pliable. It didn't feel like it could stand up on its own when I was done quilting it. Elsie really liked it, she plans to use a red plaid fabric cut on the bias for the binding which I think will look fabulous on it!
Shot of the back
Thanks everyone for looking and letting me share!