Friday, February 10, 2012

My mother's Quilt

My Mom designed and made this quilt based on skills she learned in a variety of classes. 
Techniques included in this little guy are paper piecing, fabric painting, machine applique, design, etc... So for all that to be in this little guy is pretty neat. 

 

She wanted the echoing tears for the quilting so after I stitched it all in the ditch I thoroughly quilted it as she asked. 
The cool trapunto look is achieved by using one layer of hobbs 80/20 batting and then one layer of wool on top of that. 
The dense quilting pushes the white background back but shows off the texture created nicely and allows the non-quilted areas to really look stuffed.

The backing fabric is from Amy Butler's latest line called Lark and it really inspired the other fabric selections.

Hopefully it will make a good showing in the quilt show!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a cool quilt and so is the quilting. I don't know which I like better the front or the back. I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting continues to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL -- just beautiful! What a wonderful collaboration between mother & daughter. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

My very best friend said: