Sunday, June 5, 2011

Birdie Sling

My fashionable daughter works here and there with me in my mother's quilt shop and recently opted to be paid in fabric so I could make her the Birdie Sling bag. 
It is an Amy Butler pattern for a somewhat large purse/tote. Generally I find Amy Butler patterns to be well made and user friendly. I was not disapointed. I whipped this bag out in a couple of hours with no hair pulling, and minimal reverse sewing ( ripping out).
It is large enough for my daughter to use as a dance bag for her dance shoes and accessories with two large pockets within the bag itself.
 But more fashionable than a tote bag or zip up duffle.
These are fabrics from the "Green with Envy" line from Exclusively Quilters. And now I am a little envious and I may need to make one for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My very best friend said: