Monday, December 3, 2012

What a weekend!

So I was in New Orleans all weekend with this child, participating in the Southern Regional Oireachtas of Irish Dance....
 Three out of four of her figure teams placed even earning a 1st place in a four hand and recalling in her solo competitions for the very first time, placing 40th out of over 100 of the best dancers in our region!
All the while wishing I could clone myself so I could be in two places at once because.....
THIS child was back in Texas,
 having the best swim meet he has ever had! 
Tommy earned three "A" times in one meet (raising him to "elite" level), dropped time in all his events and earned High Point for the team! Thankfully I have the best husband ever who videotaped nearly every race for me AND sent me hourly reports on how he was doing. 
My cup is overflowing, I just don't know what to say...
I was looking at the pictures that I  took over the weekend,
 and this one:
Felt like it covered my whole weekend. I took it on Decatur Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It was on the sidewalk- marked "water" but there was green glitter all over it probably from a recent parade. 
Water for my swimmer and glitter for my Irish dancer.....

1 comment:

My very best friend said: