Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve-Eve

So it is Christmas Eve- Eve as we say in our house-- anything to make it sound like Christmas is closer!  
Today I finally got to make some cookies.  The act of baking for Christmas is a key to holiday spirit for me.
These are Peanut Butter Blossoms:
We make them every year but, these below are thumbprint cookies filled with Coconut Curd and drizzled with Nutella. Recipe courtesy of my friend Mary. It was the first time I made them and while they were not as good as Mary's they were yummy.
Having tamed my kitchen goddess inclinations.... I turned back to the sewing room and made this:
 This is a Sweetwater pattern called "Mama's Spools".  I used 
V & Company's fabric line "Simply Color" put out by Moda to make it and I love it!  It is a small wallhanging- about 35" square made using fusible machine applique cut from charm squares.
 It was quick and fun.
 Last summer I made the above lap quilt from the free pattern on Moda's website using Bella Solids. Today I am flipping through the books below for quilting ideas.
I think I am going to do some freestyle doodle quilting on it based on a combination of ideas from these books. I can't wait to start it. I have wanted to play with some modern quilting ideas for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My very best friend said: