Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lately

Tommy is on summer league swim team which has a rigorous but fun schedule. 
Here he is backstroking to a second place ribbon!
Can't take credit for the picture, my hubby took this one. 
Tommy is one happy kid being able to swim nearly every day. The team experience is made better by having a fun and encouraging coach, an organized group of energetic people running things, and a nice group of swimmers his age.  The whole experience has been nice and very family oriented, we were so lucky to find all of this so close to home. I see a lot of pools in my future as I think he is going to join the year round team in the fall.

****************************************************

In my "non-pool" hours I have been working on this:

love the giant houndstooth prints!
It is made using Vintage Modern fabric put out by Moda, designed by Bonnie and Camille.  The pattern is Camille's called Hopscotch. I have been waiting months for this line of fabric to come out and I was not disappointed! It is so soft and feminine I loved making the quilt. All it used was as jellyroll and a couple yards of fabric. Now to quilt it....

1 comment:

  1. I love those fabrics and the quilt. You're sew talented.

    Swimming is a great sport.

    ReplyDelete

My very best friend said: