Saturday, May 26, 2012

My first T-shirt quilt

My daughters friend Austin graduated from high school today. I made him this t-shirt quilt over the last 2 months and actually had it finished to give him on his graduation day. If only all my projects were so timely!
It was an educational process. I have never had a lot of appreciation for T-shirt quilts in all honesty. I get the special, preservation of the memories and all but, they never really "moved" me so, in the making of this one I gained some respect for them and actually found I enjoyed some of the designing aspects much to my surprise.
It worked out well and I can see making another one for each of my children in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you threw in a quilt block here and there!

    ReplyDelete

My very best friend said: