Friday, April 13, 2012

One just for me

I am still pursuing my Lazy Angle Ruler obsession and gave myself this week to do the quilting on this little sample I made.
  The pattern is Taffy by Jaybird quilts and, the fabric is from Riley Blake's line called Daisy Cottage. I love the butterscotch yellow color lately featured in the large center blocks of the quilt.
 Here is the quilt once it was quilted, 
I used two layers of wool batting:
 I used Bella 98 solid white fabric for the diamonds and I knew I wanted to practice my feathers in them. It takes a lot of control and I am getting better but still I am as ever, "a work in progress".  I did them free hand ( without drawing ) so they aren't all identical but I wanted to see how close I would be and if it would look cohesive this way.
 Back of quilt:
 Details shot from center of quilt: 
I am pretty happy with it and am excited to be working on the binding later this evening!

1 comment:

My very best friend said: