Monday, September 19, 2011

Sewing with Oilcloth

I saw this book was being released and as I have followed The Oilcloth Addicts blog for a couple of years now I was excited that she put a book out. They arrived for purchase at the shop today.
Turns out the book is great! Full of detailed drawings and colorful photos.
Lots of tips on using oilcloth fabrics (suggestions on which machine feet cooperate best), advantages and great ideas on what to make with this stuff! Bags, table clothes, baby items, household items, containers etc... This is what I made first - The wallet.
I think it came out pretty cute!  
These are laminated cottons from the Moda line designed by Kate Spain's called Terrain, available at Quilters Crossing (of course :-))
 The directions are for only one quarter yard of the fabric but I wanted to use both designs so I bought a quarter yard of each- now I have enough leftover to make the wallet again in the reverse! Not bad price wise!
 I completed it in less than 2 hours- I am thinking some friends will be getting one of these for gifts! And I can't wait to try some other patterns from the book.



1 comment:

My very best friend said: