Monday, September 2, 2013

Iconic Texas Quilt

Again this year I got to receive the Quilt Across Texas shop hop fabric collection early and design and make our shop's quilt with it. It is sort of fun to have 10 bolts of fabric in your sewing room knowing people are impatiently waiting for it to hit the stores!
The quilt I made used the Stamp panel, each of the "houndstooth" Texas' and the postmark tan fabric from the collection. 
I call it the Iconic Texas quilt as it shows all the Texas icons I could think of somewhere on the fabrics. 
 I enjoyed playing with the quilting and I think it really enhanced the general look of the quilt quite a bit, "Quilting makes the quilt" was in evidence, to some degree, here.
 The challenging part about working with a panel is that everything you design has to revolve around the panel dimensions. I cut up the panel- putting the large section in the center,
and the smaller city stamps so they formed a frame around the center. I think it was pretty effective. Hopefully it will be well received at the shop!

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your talent.
    Love all the quilting.
    Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete

My very best friend said: